Thursday 17 February 2011

Breakthrough!

FINALLY have figured out the question that has been bugging me for months and have found a solution for sticking posts to earrings effectively - soldering. When my husband first suggested soldering, I wont lie, I had visions of me being in flashdance, welding away with huge sparks coming off my work. Alas, it's not that spectacular and actually involves buying a £10 soldering iron and getting said husband to sit and solder for me.

A boring post for some - but for me, it's a huge relief that I've found something that sticks well after the nightmare of last year when many many backs fell off and made me feel unprofessional.

On a more interesting note, I have just stitched a lovely little London skyline which will be used on a jewellery roll. And here it is! I'm aware that the landmarks are actually in the wrong order and the perspective leaves something to be desired, but I believe that's called artistic license.

Coming to a jewellery roll near you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment